It’s your choice to be as active or relaxed as you like during your visit.
You’re welcome to stroll around our wheelchair friendly 140 acres, or enjoy a ride on the road or rail train.
Digital maps of the zoo are situated at various points throughout the park or you can download paper copies. Our wet weather map gives details of indoor picnic areas and dry places to shelter should the clouds open!
Marwell Zoo Map 2021
So much more than the animal collection…
- Spacious grassy picnic areas to spread yourselves out
- Adventure playgrounds (for under 12s)
- A range of kiosks for hot snacks and refreshments
- Four toilet blocks all with disabled facilities
- This includes 1 x Changing Places facility located next to the Science & Learning Centre. This will require a Radar Key.
- Souvenirs, snacks and postcards on sale at our gift shops
- Qualified First Aiders on hand for emergencies
Where to eat
We have two indoor picnic areas should it pour with rain, or picnic benches and lawns if the sun shines. The large cedar tree behind the main house is a big favourite.
Unfortunately, picnic lunches cannot be consumed in Cafe Graze.
Space is definitely at a premium so we advise that packed lunches are either carried by students on the day, or left on the coach to be collected when needed.