Get up close and feed some of our smaller carnivores, with our Savannah Experience!
Enjoy a chance to go behind the scenes to feed our serval and mongoose or meerkats*. Learn more about these amazing species from those who work closest with them. Your host will welcome you to the experience and our expert keepers will share their knowledge and passion for these amazing animals and answer any questions. By participating in this incredible experience, not only will you create lasting and unique memories, you’ll also be supporting our conservation efforts across the globe.
What’s included with your experience package?
- 30 minute experience with our serval and mongoose or meerkats*
- Day entry to the zoo on the day of your experience
- 10% discount in the gift shop
- E-certificate to celebrate your day
- E-gift card
* You’ll get closer to and feed our serval, and either our yellow mongoose or meerkats.
Book a date today or call 01962 777988 to buy a Savannah Experience voucher. Available on Thursdays all year round.
Maximum group size of 2 people. Groups of less than 2 may share their experience with other guests.
Minimum age is 18 years to participate in the experience. Accompanying guests are welcome to watch whilst you enjoy your experience but will remain in the public viewing area.
We are asking everyone to wear a face mask, gloves and use disinfectant foot baths during the experience to keep yourself, our staff and animals safe. These will be provided for you and there are hand washing facilities close by.
It is your responsibility to inform us if you have any medical conditions or allergies (including dust or fur) that you or your doctor feel we should be aware of in order to ensure your safety. We regret that pregnant women and immunocompromised individuals are unable to participate in animal experiences.
Whilst every effort will be made to make our animal experiences as accessible as possible for everyone, due to the nature of the experiences this cannot always be achieved; please call our Guest Experience team on 01962 777988 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for advice before purchasing. This enables us to discuss any reasonable adjustments that would help improve the experience for you.
Animal Experience – Terms & Conditions 2023
- Once purchased, animal experiences are strictly non-refundable and non-transferrable
- Once purchased, animal experience vouchers are non-extendable and must be booked in advance and used within the expiry date shown
- All participants must have a valid animal experience booking confirming the date and time of the experience to participate. Please note that we are unable to sell any additional experiences on the day. All experiences must be pre-booked
- Experiences include entry to the zoo for the participant only. Any additional guests must purchase day tickets at admissions on the day or via our website, subject to availability. We regret they will not be able to take part in the experience
- Participants must be a minimum age of:
- 8 years to participate in the Giraffe feeding experience, Aviary behind the scenes experience, Lemur behind the scenes experience and Tropical House behind the scenes experience
- 10 years to participate in the Penguin feeding experience
- 18 years to participate in the exclusive carnivore and Savannah experience
- Participants up to and including the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult (17 years and over). Accompanying adults must also book as a participant when accompanying a child aged 16 or under on an experience
- Booking an animal experience implies agreement with our park guidelines
- Please be advised that it is your responsibility to inform us if you have any medical condition or allergies (including dust or fur) that you or your doctor feel we should be aware of to ensure your safety
- We regret that pregnant women and immunocompromised individuals are unable to participate in animal experiences
- We are asking everyone to wear a face mask during the experience to keep yourself, our staff and animals safe
- Whilst every effort will be made to make our animal experiences enjoyable and accessible as possible for everyone, due to the nature of the experiences this cannot always be achieved; please call our Guest Experience team on 01962 777988 or email email@example.com for advice before purchasing. This enables us to discuss any reasonable adjustments that would help improve the experience for you
- Due to unforeseeable circumstances, Marwell cannot guarantee that all animals and exhibits specified will be available. Marwell Zoo reserves the right to alter or cancel the experience on any given day. Marwell Zoo will give as much notice as possible; however, this cannot always be guaranteed
- Participants must adhere to the health and safety guidance given and follow instructions from staff
- Our staff will treat you with utmost respect and we ask our guests to do the same in return. Marwell will not tolerate any breach of our terms and conditions or any inappropriate or abusive behaviour towards our staff, guests or animals. Any guests behaving in this way will be denied access or asked to leave the zoo immediately